ShortList to launch men's digital daily Mr Hyde
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 September 2012 02:45PM
ShortList Media, publisher of men's weekly magazine ShortList, has confirmed it is launching a digital men's title, and revealed it will be called Mr Hyde.
Campaign revealed the launch plans last week for the free, advertiser-funded daily email service.
The name appears to be a modern play on the fictional character of Dr Jekyll, of 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' fame.
Mike Soutar, chief executive of Shortlist, said Mr Hyde characters were "busy, pressured men who [in these economic conditions] spend long days in the office building a career" and that Mr Hyde "seemed to sum up the spirit of relaxing, letting go – just not being at work for once."
Phil Hilton, editorial director of Shortlist Media, described Mr Hyde as not "a listing, but an informed friend who always knows where to find the latest pop-up bar, the hottest new bourbon and where to buy the eye-enhancing cream to disguise the effects for that big meeting the next day.
"We aim to inspire, provoke, entertain and help these busy men maximise their free time."
Mr Hyde will be produced by existing journalists working on ShortList's core free magazine.
It will be a concise email edit of the latest in culture and entertainment, including information on bars, restaurants, styling and grooming.
ShortList Media said it expects to disclose a number of blue-chip advertisers in the coming weeks.
Along with ShortList, ShortList Media also publishes the free women's weekly, Stylist.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire