The Times latest publisher to use Aurasma AR technology
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 19 September 2012 10:25AM
News International has teamed up with Gap and Clinique to run augmented reality advertising in The Times newspaper, as the publisher moves to tap into the growing number of consumers accessing content via smartphones or tablet computers.
In the Times supplement, T2 today (19 September), there is exclusive material available only to readers who have downloaded the Aurasma app to their smartphone or tablet computers.
These readers can access exclusive video content and buy products directly off the page, when they scan the pages with the app.
Heat magazine and a number of other brands such as Tesco have also used the Aurasma technology.
News International is running the augmented reality piece of advertising to coincide with London Fashion Week.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Associate Marketing Capability Director - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London