Tesco introduces Making Moments Matter internal programme
Tesco has launched a 'Making Moments Matter' staff training programme, but claims the phrase will not be adapted into a new ad strapline.
News of the introduction of the staff training programme comes after Marketing revealed in June that the supermarket giant was considering ditching its 'Every little helps" strapline after 20 years.
A Tesco spokeswoman categorically denied 'Making Moments Matter' would be used in advertising campaigns and insisted it was for internal use only.
She said: "It is a staff training programme around customer service and that’s what this refers to. It’s not a marketing campaign – it’s an internal phrase."
It is understood the 'Making Moments Matter' philosophy revolves around "caring about everything, but being obsessive about the customers" and will involve fewer internal meetings and more time on the shop floor.
"Every little helps" began life as an internal slogan before its popularity resulted in it being adapted into a customer-facing strapline.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ABM Interim Ball & Hoolahan £34,000 per annum, South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Marketing Manager- B2B Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3