Tesco introduces Making Moments Matter internal programme
Tesco has launched a 'Making Moments Matter' staff training programme, but claims the phrase will not be adapted into a new ad strapline.
News of the introduction of the staff training programme comes after Marketing revealed in June that the supermarket giant was considering ditching its 'Every little helps" strapline after 20 years.
A Tesco spokeswoman categorically denied 'Making Moments Matter' would be used in advertising campaigns and insisted it was for internal use only.
She said: "It is a staff training programme around customer service and that’s what this refers to. It’s not a marketing campaign – it’s an internal phrase."
It is understood the 'Making Moments Matter' philosophy revolves around "caring about everything, but being obsessive about the customers" and will involve fewer internal meetings and more time on the shop floor.
"Every little helps" began life as an internal slogan before its popularity resulted in it being adapted into a customer-facing strapline.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Consultant Butterfly London £50-65k + bonus + benefits, London
- Head of Communications - Art Charity CHM £Competitive Salary, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Planner Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Category Manager - Drinks Jarlett de Grouchy Negotiable, Berkshire
- Creative Producer/PM Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote