Plusnet readies fibre broadband push
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:42AM
Plusnet, the BT-owned telecoms provider, is boosting advertising for its superfast fibre broadband offering as it looks to compete with players such as Virgin Media.
It is poised to roll out a new TV ad, which aims to highlight the benefits of its superfast broadband, while driving a message around value.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "This is the first time we have promoted our fibre product above the line and we’re excited to be introducing an up to 76Mb/s broadband product at this market leading price."
Plusnet introduced its fibre broadband offering in August. It now offers a 'Plusnet Extra Fibre' package with up to 76Mb/s download speed and a 250GB usage allowance for £19.99 month, which it claims is the best priced for this download speed on the market.
The ad, created by Karmarama, is set on a motor racing track and sees brand character Joe, along with a series of other characters, including his dad and an ice cream van man and pizza delivery, racing their respective vehicles.
An old woman racing pulls level to Joe's car and she then presses the Super Fast button to whizz ahead of him.
The ad first airs on ITV during 'The X Factor' on Saturday (22 September) and runs until 23 November.
The voiceover states, "Super fast, super affordable fibre broadband. Plusnet. We'll do you proud."
In April, Plusnet dropped its "Good honest, broadband from Yorkshire" strapline, which it had used since it first advertised on TV in 2010.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Soccerex £35,000 - £38,000 depending on experience, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Premier Consultants up to £32,000 plus benefits,
- Senior Brand Manager Premier Consultants c.£64k plus benefits, Kent
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents