Plusnet readies fibre broadband push
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:42AM
Plusnet, the BT-owned telecoms provider, is boosting advertising for its superfast fibre broadband offering as it looks to compete with players such as Virgin Media.
It is poised to roll out a new TV ad, which aims to highlight the benefits of its superfast broadband, while driving a message around value.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "This is the first time we have promoted our fibre product above the line and we’re excited to be introducing an up to 76Mb/s broadband product at this market leading price."
Plusnet introduced its fibre broadband offering in August. It now offers a 'Plusnet Extra Fibre' package with up to 76Mb/s download speed and a 250GB usage allowance for £19.99 month, which it claims is the best priced for this download speed on the market.
The ad, created by Karmarama, is set on a motor racing track and sees brand character Joe, along with a series of other characters, including his dad and an ice cream van man and pizza delivery, racing their respective vehicles.
An old woman racing pulls level to Joe's car and she then presses the Super Fast button to whizz ahead of him.
The ad first airs on ITV during 'The X Factor' on Saturday (22 September) and runs until 23 November.
The voiceover states, "Super fast, super affordable fibre broadband. Plusnet. We'll do you proud."
In April, Plusnet dropped its "Good honest, broadband from Yorkshire" strapline, which it had used since it first advertised on TV in 2010.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood