MEC picks up £5m Butlins media task
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:25AM
MEC has won the media planning and buying account for the holiday company Butlins, after a review of the £5 million business.
The WPP-owned agency was awarded the account after a head-to-head against OMD. Mindshare was knocked out at an earlier stage.
ZenithOptimedia was the incumbent but did not repitch for the business. The review was handled by AAR.
Butlins is part of the Bourne Leisure group, which also owns Haven Holidays and Warner Leisure Hotels. It concentrated the majority of its media spend last year on TV and direct mail, with the rest reserved for press, radio and outdoor, according to Nielsen.
In May last year, Butlins parted company with Mother after nine months on the ad business. The account was taken in-house before being awarded to Now, the start-up founded by Mark Lund, John Townshend and Kate Waters.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter