Calvert takes digital strategy role at Mindshare Worldwide
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:35AM
Mindshare Worldwide has appointed Simon Calvert to the new role of digital strategy leader.
Calvert joins Mindshare Worldwide after a brief stint at Digitas, where he was the worldwide head of strategic planning. He was previously the global chief planning officer on the Beiersdorf account at DraftFCB.
In his new role, Calvert will be responsible for helping Mindshare Worldwide's international client teams develop and execute digital strategy.
Calvert will take up his new role on 1 October and report to Norm Johnston, the global digital leader at Mindshare.
In a 25-year career, Calvert has also held positions including the head of strategy at Proximity. Before this, he was a founding partner of Heresy.
He entered the industry as an account executive at McCann Erickson in 1986. He has also worked at Carat as its communications director, Michaelides & Bednash as a media strategist and Saatchi & Saatchi as a senior account planner.
Johnston said: "I'm delighted to have Simon join our global digital team. He will bring a tremendous amount of strategic and practical digital experience to Mindshare's international clients."
Calvert said: "I'm very excited about joining Mindshare Worldwide and the opportunity to work with its impressive team and blue-chip, global client list."Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Content Manager/Editor Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned