Jam wins Samsung camera social task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:10AM
Samsung has appointed Jam to handle the global social media account for its new Galaxy Camera.
The Engine-owned agency won the account after a competitive pitch that was handled directly by Samsung.
The appointment will strengthen Jam’s relationship with the company. The agency also works on activity for its Galaxy Note.
Jam will be responsible for launching a global digital campaign to promote Samsung’s first Android-powered camera, which will roll out in the autumn to take on Nikon’s Coolpix S800c.
In July, Jam created an online film for Samsung featuring the musician Mike Skinner and the band Man Like Me discussing how the Galaxy Note helps them make music videos. Samsung later launched one of Man Like Me’s tracks via Twitter.
The activity formed part of Samsung’s wider #breakfree campaign, based on its strategy to align the brand with independent arts and culture.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy