Google opens agency talks over creative industries task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:13AM
Google is talking to agencies about a brief to build its reputation among the creative industries, including the advertising community.
The Observatory is handling the review, which is expected to lead to the appointment of a roster of creative shops to develop strategy and advertising to encourage creative people to use and explore Google products when creating new work.
Google has worked with a number of agencies including Glue Isobar, M&C Saatchi and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, but is searching more broadly for the new task.
The review follows the unveiling of a US-based initiative to help Google target the advertising industry. Earlier this month, Google collaborated with AKQA in the US to launch its new open platform, Creative Sandbox.
The social media platform enables advertising agencies to share their work with the rest of the industry and spark new digital ideas. In addition, users are able to push their favourite projects to the top and comment on other people’s campaigns.
Recent advertising innovations from Google include the launch of the skippable advertising format TrueView for YouTube on mobile devices. This offers users the option of skipping pre-roll ads after five seconds.
The tech giant also unveiled its Google Glass electronic glasses at an event during New York Fashion Week.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director (3 month rolling Contract) Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager - Experiential/Shopper Major Players £24000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Senior Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £40000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Agency - Central London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000-£38000, Central London