Furlong is top marketer at Europcar as Kempston moves to Travelodge
Europcar, the car hire company, has appointed Andy Furlong as its new director of marketing and ecommerce, replacing Catriona Kempston who quit the car hire brand to join budget hotel chain Travelodge six months ago.
Furlong joins from Travelhorizon Group, the European mountain holidays company, where he was chief marketing officer.
He will report to Ken McCall, managing director of Europcar UK Group.
Furlong replaces Kempston, who moved to Travelodge six months ago for an interim period. This week she was confirmed by the brand as the new sales and marketing director.
At Europcar, Kempston built a consumer marketing department and led the brand's relaunch last year, following the company's merger with National and Alamo. Prior to this, Kempston was head of brand marketing at Premier Inn for three years.
At Travelodge, Kempston will report to chief executive Grant Hearn, and is tasked with developing the brand while growing revenue through sales and marketing channels.
Travelodge has had an unsettling year so far – from its financial restructure to its chief executive checking out, the budget hotel brand will need new measures to ensure the business stays competitive in the price-led market.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency