BT readies YouView set-top box marketing offensive
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 03:48PM
BT is gearing up for a major marketing offensive to promote YouView set-top boxes, which will follow a generic campaign for the internet-connected TV service later this month.
BT, along with TalkTalk, ITV, Channel 5 and the BBC, among others, is an investor in the service that finally launched in this month.
BT said its campaign to support the set-top boxes, which it will offer as part of a package, is likely to kick off in December or January.
The BT campaign will follow a generic campaign, expected to launch later this month. The campaign, funded by YouView's partners, has been created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
TalkTalk began pre-registration for a similar BT offering in July. It is bundling the YouView box with its Plus broadband and phone package.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne