YouView to break £10m campaign starring Daleks and Gary Barlow
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 11:06AM
YouView, the internet TV joint venture, is this weekend kicking off a £10m campaign starring Daleks, Frank Gallagher from 'Shameless', Gary Barlow and Noddy, in its first major advertising drive.
Creative features some of the biggest names from television in order to drive home how the YouView set-top box brings together people's favourite shows from the past seven days.
Adam & Eve DDB created the TV campaign, which shows images of Barlow, the Daleks and other stars being projected onto buildings, and introduces the strapline, "Extraordinary TV for everyone".
The projected images feature stars hurrying towards someone's living room and a YouView box, which costs £299 at retailers or is available free through BT and TalkTalk.
The ad was written by Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon and directed by Christian Bevilacqua, with post production by MPC. Media planning and buying was by OMD.
Television activity will be supported by tactical outdoor and digital placements that remind people they haven't missed their favourite shows if they use YouView, because of its ability to catch up on the past week of TV.
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, is hoping the campaign will convince people that the days of watching catch-up TV on a laptop is now over.
Steve Conway, head of marketing at YouView, said: "Our multimedia campaign, alongside the impending launch of YouView via BT and TalkTalk, really does mark the arrival of YouView to masses."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film