YouView to break £10m campaign starring Daleks and Gary Barlow
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 11:06AM
YouView, the internet TV joint venture, is this weekend kicking off a £10m campaign starring Daleks, Frank Gallagher from 'Shameless', Gary Barlow and Noddy, in its first major advertising drive.
Creative features some of the biggest names from television in order to drive home how the YouView set-top box brings together people's favourite shows from the past seven days.
Adam & Eve DDB created the TV campaign, which shows images of Barlow, the Daleks and other stars being projected onto buildings, and introduces the strapline, "Extraordinary TV for everyone".
The projected images feature stars hurrying towards someone's living room and a YouView box, which costs £299 at retailers or is available free through BT and TalkTalk.
The ad was written by Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon and directed by Christian Bevilacqua, with post production by MPC. Media planning and buying was by OMD.
Television activity will be supported by tactical outdoor and digital placements that remind people they haven't missed their favourite shows if they use YouView, because of its ability to catch up on the past week of TV.
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, is hoping the campaign will convince people that the days of watching catch-up TV on a laptop is now over.
Steve Conway, head of marketing at YouView, said: "Our multimedia campaign, alongside the impending launch of YouView via BT and TalkTalk, really does mark the arrival of YouView to masses."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- A manifesto for media planning