YouView to break £10m campaign starring Daleks and Gary Barlow
YouView, the internet TV joint venture, is this weekend kicking off a £10m campaign starring Daleks, Frank Gallagher from 'Shameless', Gary Barlow and Noddy, in its first major advertising drive.
Creative features some of the biggest names from television in order to drive home how the YouView set-top box brings together people's favourite shows from the past seven days.
Adam & Eve DDB created the TV campaign, which shows images of Barlow, the Daleks and other stars being projected onto buildings, and introduces the strapline, "Extraordinary TV for everyone".
The projected images feature stars hurrying towards someone's living room and a YouView box, which costs £299 at retailers or is available free through BT and TalkTalk.
The ad was written by Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon and directed by Christian Bevilacqua, with post production by MPC. Media planning and buying was by OMD.
Television activity will be supported by tactical outdoor and digital placements that remind people they haven't missed their favourite shows if they use YouView, because of its ability to catch up on the past week of TV.
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, is hoping the campaign will convince people that the days of watching catch-up TV on a laptop is now over.
Steve Conway, head of marketing at YouView, said: "Our multimedia campaign, alongside the impending launch of YouView via BT and TalkTalk, really does mark the arrival of YouView to masses."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency