Sky launches 50-years of Bond offensive
The 50th anniversary of James Bond films is being celebrated in a tautly edited ad for Sky's Bond channel, featuring all the actors who have played the character racing in an epic car chase.
The Sky ad, which was made in-house by Sky Creative, has been created to promote Sky’s dedicated Bond channel Sky Movies 007 HD, which goes live on 5 October.
The 90-second film uses iconic car chase moments from the Bond films of the last 50 years, which have been spliced together to give the impression of different Bond actors chasing one another in a variety of vehicles.
For instance, at one point, Timothy Dalton is at the wheel of a lorry, trying to ram Daniel Craig’s Aston Martin off the road. In a calmer scene, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan flash their trademark cheesy smiles at one another from their respective cars.
As part of the activity, Roger Moore, who played the spy from 1973-1985, delivered a golden anniversary briefcase containing the first copy of the 'Bond 50' Blu-ray collection to Eilean Donan Castle in the Scottish Highlands, which featured as a location in 'The World is Not Enough'.
The briefcase will tour an array of UK landmarks featured in the films, travelling in an Aston Martin DBS, helicopter, train and on foot.
It will be met on its route by a number of 007 icons, including Bond girls Britt Ekland, Shirley Eaton and Tania Mallet and actor Richard Kiel, who played villain Jaws
The case will arrive at HMV on London’s Oxford Street on Monday 24 September, the day the collection goes on general sale.
Locations that will be visited include Stoke Park, where Bond beat a cheating Goldfinger at golf, and Cornwall’s Eden Project, which doubled as a villain’s diamond mine in 'Die Another Day'.
Each location will be presented with a commemorative gold disc.
Moore said: "I’m delighted to launch this Aston Martin on its tour of Great Britain with its special golden-cased cargo, marking 50 years of 007 movies and the release of all 22 films on Blu-ray."
Commenting on Sky’s car chase montage ad, Lucian Smithers, brand director at Sky, said: "The Sky Movies 007 HD logo marks the first time in Sky Movies’ history we’ve incorporated the logo of another film brand into our own.
"Partnering our logo with Bond’s 007 emblem shows just how passionate and excited we are about the arrival of this brilliantly British film franchise to our service in its 50th anniversary year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital project manager/ Producer - £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Corporate Public Relations Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 per annum, Coventry
- Customer Insight Manager Better Placed Recruitment negotiable, Chester
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%