NI unveils Sunday Times Driving classified site
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 11:45AM
News International is to call its new classified advertising site Sunday Times Driving and will support the launch with a major above-the-line campaign, as it looks to pinch market share from rival Auto Trader.
Sunday Times Driving, which will sell second-hand premium cars, will launch next month (October) and marks a significant move by News International into the classified advertising site.
Auto Trader has just launched an ad campaign trumpeting its digital credentials amid an imminent rival from News International.
The major above-the-line campaign by News International will be preceded by a teaser campaign by News International’s Team News, which also created the main campaign.
As part of the promotional activity, consumers who visit www.driving.co.uk and register for the new site are offered the chance to win a one-day driving experience with Land Rover.
The launch is likely to be backed by a significant marketing spend, as chairman Rupert Murdoch is hoping it will help make The Sunday Times profitable. The paper, together with The Times, loses more than £40m a year.
Will Handley, head of marketing at Sunday Times Driving, said: "NI is returning to a traditional form of revenue generation by establishing a classified site for premium cars.
"Unlike other classified ad sites it will contain editorial including news and features, used car reviews as well as an advice and review section."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)