Daily Diary - Real star
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 12:34PM
He might have been fined in the past for using his mobile too often, but there's one call Real Madrid football star Cristiano Ronaldo will be glad he made, when it comes to renewing his multi-million pound sponsorship deal with games publisher Konami.
During the shoot for Konami's new 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' ad by Frontroom, Ronaldo heard that Neil, the brother of Konami client Scott Garrod, and a huge Ronaldo fan, was celebrating his birthday.
So the football ace took time out of the shoot to call Neil and sing "Happy Birthday", much to the disbelief and delight of the birthday boy who immediately took to Facebook, where he posted that it "was the best present a middle-aged man could get." If only he was sponsored by Gillette.
Watch Ronaldo in the second part of the 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' campaign by Frontroom, above.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM and Segmentation Manager JV Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Director - B2B Technology Marketing Agency - Home Counties - £45k - £55k - NP108 Stonor £45k - £55k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday