Daily Diary - Real star
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 12:34PM
He might have been fined in the past for using his mobile too often, but there's one call Real Madrid football star Cristiano Ronaldo will be glad he made, when it comes to renewing his multi-million pound sponsorship deal with games publisher Konami.
During the shoot for Konami's new 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' ad by Frontroom, Ronaldo heard that Neil, the brother of Konami client Scott Garrod, and a huge Ronaldo fan, was celebrating his birthday.
So the football ace took time out of the shoot to call Neil and sing "Happy Birthday", much to the disbelief and delight of the birthday boy who immediately took to Facebook, where he posted that it "was the best present a middle-aged man could get." If only he was sponsored by Gillette.
Watch Ronaldo in the second part of the 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' campaign by Frontroom, above.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales Coordinator - Cutting edge, fun brand! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus!, City of London
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £30K, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Daily rates, London
- Digital Creative Director - Leading Advertising Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign