Daily Diary - Real star
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 12:34PM
He might have been fined in the past for using his mobile too often, but there's one call Real Madrid football star Cristiano Ronaldo will be glad he made, when it comes to renewing his multi-million pound sponsorship deal with games publisher Konami.
During the shoot for Konami's new 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' ad by Frontroom, Ronaldo heard that Neil, the brother of Konami client Scott Garrod, and a huge Ronaldo fan, was celebrating his birthday.
So the football ace took time out of the shoot to call Neil and sing "Happy Birthday", much to the disbelief and delight of the birthday boy who immediately took to Facebook, where he posted that it "was the best present a middle-aged man could get." If only he was sponsored by Gillette.
Watch Ronaldo in the second part of the 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' campaign by Frontroom, above.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £20000 - £25000 Per Annum, London
- Midweight Visual Designer Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review