Daily Diary - Real star
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 12:34PM
He might have been fined in the past for using his mobile too often, but there's one call Real Madrid football star Cristiano Ronaldo will be glad he made, when it comes to renewing his multi-million pound sponsorship deal with games publisher Konami.
During the shoot for Konami's new 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' ad by Frontroom, Ronaldo heard that Neil, the brother of Konami client Scott Garrod, and a huge Ronaldo fan, was celebrating his birthday.
So the football ace took time out of the shoot to call Neil and sing "Happy Birthday", much to the disbelief and delight of the birthday boy who immediately took to Facebook, where he posted that it "was the best present a middle-aged man could get." If only he was sponsored by Gillette.
Watch Ronaldo in the second part of the 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2013' campaign by Frontroom, above.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India