X Factor peak figures slip 2.6 million year on year
'The X Factor' lured in a peak audience of 8.8 million viewers on Saturday night, down 2.6 million from the same episode last year although it was still the most watched show on any channel across the day.
According to unofficial overnight figures, ‘The X Factor’ was watched by an average of 7.9 million viewers between 8.15pm and 9.45pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 34.0% share.
An additional 377,200 watched the show on ITV1+1.
The peak audience during Saturday night’s ‘X Factor, which was the eighth episode of this year’s series and the first boot camp episode, was 9.2 million viewers when ITV1+1 is included.
Saturday night’s episode received the second smallest audience of this year’s series, which is sponsored by telecoms provider TalkTalk. The smallest audience was recorded on 8 September.
In comparison, the eighth episode of last year’s ‘X Factor’ had a peak audience of 11.4 million and an average audience of 10.01 million viewers, a 43% share, across ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
The eighth show of the 2011 series had a peak audience of 11.8 million viewers an average audience of 10.3 million when ITV1+1 is included.
‘Red or Black?’, ITV’s co-production with Simon Cowell’s Syco TV, had an average audience of 3.6 million, a 17.1% share, between 7.30pm and 8.15pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 81,100 watched the show on ITV1+1.
The second instalment of ‘Red or Black?’ had an average audience of 3.2 million viewers, a 15.5% share, between 9.45pm and 10.30pm on ITV1 and ITV HD on Saturday. An additional 57,500 watched ‘Red or Black’ on ITV1+1.
On BBC One and BBC One HD ‘The National Lottery: Secret Fortune’ had an audience of 3.3 million viewers between 8.15pm and 9.15pm, a 14.6% share.
‘Casualty’, the long-running drama set in an accident and emergency department, got an average audience of 4.0 million viewers between 9.15pm and 10pm, a 17.7% share of the available audience.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Director (Maternity Contract) - International Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k pro rata, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency Fill Recruitment to £38k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire