Waitrose to launch food-only online video channel
Waitrose will launch the "first purely food-related online video channel from a retailer" later in the autumn, the supermarket is claiming.
The channel will be called Waitrose TV and will include cooking tips from Delia Smith and Heston Blumenthal, and will be optimised for computers, tablets and smartphones.
Red Bee Media is creating the channel that will include a 'highlights' section, which will showcase new videos every week.
Additional sections on the channel will be dedicated to food, drink, health, ethical sourcing and seasonal events such as Christmas.
Content for each section will include recipes, how-to guides, ideas and interviews with cooking experts including Smith, Blumenthal, Dhruv Baker, Sams Stern, 'The Fabulous Baker Brothers' and Silvana Franco.
Waitrose will drive sales by making the channel transactional through a 'buy ingredients' button that offers viewers the option to click through to purchase recipe ingredients or other featured products.
Courtney Freedman-Thompson, digital editor at Waitrose, said: "We know that our customers are increasingly viewing video content online.
"We've made it really easy for shoppers to buy ingredients for the recipes they like, so they can cook them at home.
Customers will also be encouraged to share content through Facebook and Twitter.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency