HSBC to sponsor Vevo's new artist series
HSBC has become the first sponsor of Vevo's new artist series 'Lift in the UK', starting with the new single from guitar pop band Lawson, in the music video platform's biggest UK commercial deal to date.
In activity negotiated by Mindshare, HSBC will use its exclusive sponsorship of all Vevo Lift videos on the site to promote its competition for young entrepreneurs. The sponsorship deal lasts until the end of the year.
The deal starts today (24 September) and the video for Lawson's forthcoming single 'Standing In The Dark' is branded with the words "brought to you by HSBC".
The Lift series promotes new artists by showcasing their music videos, video diaries and footage from live event. Previous featured acts include Labrinth, Rita Ora and Conor Maynard.
Although HSBC is the first commercial partner of the Lift series in the UK, it has been sponsored by brands such as McDonald's (Lift sponsor throughout 2011) in the US.
Jon Longhurst, account director, Vevo, said: "Vevo Lift features the best in emerging talent and its results in the past year in raising Labrinth, Rita Ora and Conor Maynard's profile have been superb.
"As a bank that places great value in supporting young entrepreneurs, partnering with HSBC was the perfect fit for Lift."
In July, Vevo restructured its UK operations, parting with Jonathan Lewis, its former managing director of sales and operations, and commercial director Jonathan Lewen.
The UK business, which encompasses around 30 staff, is now led by Nic Jones, senior vice president of international at Vevo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sr Art Director Red Sofa London £60000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign