Nokia sponsors Drama on 4 ahead of Lumia launches
Nokia is sponsoring Channel 4's range of 'Drama on 4' programmes, as part of its push to support its Lumia smartphones that will run on the Windows Phone 8 operating system.
The sponsorship deal will have Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 smartphones featured in idents, beginning with the start of the new season of drama on Tuesday 24 September and running through to the end of the year.
Nokia's sponsorship deal comes despite the mobile manufacturer not yet releasing any information on either the launch date or pricing for the phones in the UK.
It is understood the Lumia 920 will launch in the UK in November, while Everything Everywhere has revealed that the Lumia 920 4G will launch exclusively on its upcoming 4G network.
The sponsorship will span four dramas including US series 'Homeland', political conspiracy thriller 'Secret State', feature-length drama 'Everyday' and Brighton-based crime drama, 'The Fear'.
Dale Micklewright, group partnership manager at Channel 4, said: "Following our successful product placement partnership with Nokia Lumia and 'Hollyoaks' this year, this latest sponsorship deal aligns the new Nokia Lumia handset range with more of Channel 4's distinctive drama – the perfect partnership for our younger and engaged audience."
Nokia's media agency Carat negotiated the deal.
The idents will be 15 seconds long at the beginning of the programme, five seconds long during the ad breaks and will be 10 seconds long at the end.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £27000.00 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2