Littlewoods in autumn activity U-turn after sales 'missed out' in 2011
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 25 September 2012 10:10AM
Online retailer Littlewoods will launch a TV ad campaign starring brand ambassador Myleene Klass tomorrow (26 September) to drive home its fashion credentials.
Littlewoods ran an autumn campaign in 2010, but opted out of a similar campaign last year and instead brought its Christmas campaign forward to October.
Consequently, Gary Kibble, brand director at Littlewoods, said that a year-on-year comparison showed that the brand "missed out" commercially and saw its fashion credentials take a knock as a result of not running an autumn campaign.
Research from Ipsos Mori showed the percentage of people who agreed that Littlewoods was a credible clothing retailer fell between 2010 and 2011.
Shop Direct Group-owned Littlewoods is focusing on fashion rather than electronics and furniture with its autumn activity, because of the greater frequency of fashion purchases.
Activity created by St Luke’s will focus on the "Littlewoods touch" proposition, which seeks to make products affordable by allowing customers to spread payments throughout the year.
Creative from the £2.3m campaign features Klass moving through a "magical playground" filled with casually dressed women playing on a number of retro-looking rides.
When Klass touches each woman in turn, their outfits transform into "elegant and stylish" party and formal wear.
The TV ad will be premiered on the brand's social media channels today and will run for six weeks, with TV spots supported by print and digital activity.
Media and digital tactical campaigns are being planned and booked by Carat and myThings respectively.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London