O2's Giffgaff to call ad review
Giffgaff, O2's online SIM-only mobile network, is preparing to call a review of its advertising business as it looks to expand its marketing activity, bringing an end to its three year relationship with Albion London.
The marketing shake-up comes six months after the arrival of former Procter & Gamble marketer Emma Jenkins as its new marketing director.
Albion has led brand development for the nascent business since its inception, having been appointed by O2 in May 2009 after a pitch via the AAR.
The agency’s remit has included all advertising, social media, website design and film idents for the brand, and also helped incubate the business in the Albion office, including naming the brand, which comes from the Scottish slang for mutual giving.
Jenkins confirmed the split with Albion, and thanked the agency for its "major contribution to our business".
Prior to joining Giffgaff, Jenkins had been a consultant at Brand Learning for two years and founded My Pet is Here, an online pet community business. The marketer worked at P&G for 12 years, most recently as associate director of new marketing models and ecommerce.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Recruitment Resourcer Tomorrow Recruitment £17000.00 - £19000 per annum + Commission OTE £23 - 27k, South East London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Retail Branding Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £42000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Head of eCommerce (8 month maternity cover) Propel £55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London