B&Q marketing director Paterson resigns 'for personal reasons'
Katherine Paterson, marketing director at B&Q, has resigned this morning (25 September), citing "personal reasons" for her departure.
Paterson will continue in her role for a "few weeks" before stepping down, following the announcement of her resignation via an internal memo. She had been in the role for two years.
During her tenure as marketing director, she led a brand relaunch through the 'I Did That' campaign and developed new customer-centric channels, including YouTube, where the retailer hosts hundreds of how-to films on home improvement.
A B&Q spokesman has insisted the marketing director role will keep its place on the board and report directly to chief executive Martyn Phillips.
In the meantime, brand director David Hutchinson will take over as interim marketing director.
A decision has not yet been taken on whether he will assume the role full time.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst - BI Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £250 - £300 per day, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Egham
- Freelance Project Manager - Leading Agency - £250 DR Digital Gurus £200 - £250 per day, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity