B&Q marketing director Paterson resigns 'for personal reasons'
Katherine Paterson, marketing director at B&Q, has resigned this morning (25 September), citing "personal reasons" for her departure.
Paterson will continue in her role for a "few weeks" before stepping down, following the announcement of her resignation via an internal memo. She had been in the role for two years.
During her tenure as marketing director, she led a brand relaunch through the 'I Did That' campaign and developed new customer-centric channels, including YouTube, where the retailer hosts hundreds of how-to films on home improvement.
A B&Q spokesman has insisted the marketing director role will keep its place on the board and report directly to chief executive Martyn Phillips.
In the meantime, brand director David Hutchinson will take over as interim marketing director.
A decision has not yet been taken on whether he will assume the role full time.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Assistant Loyalty Programme Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South West England
- Digital project manager/ Producer - £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Corporate Public Relations Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 per annum, Coventry
- Customer Insight Manager Better Placed Recruitment negotiable, Chester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%