B&Q marketing director Paterson resigns 'for personal reasons'
Katherine Paterson, marketing director at B&Q, has resigned this morning (25 September), citing "personal reasons" for her departure.
Paterson will continue in her role for a "few weeks" before stepping down, following the announcement of her resignation via an internal memo. She had been in the role for two years.
During her tenure as marketing director, she led a brand relaunch through the 'I Did That' campaign and developed new customer-centric channels, including YouTube, where the retailer hosts hundreds of how-to films on home improvement.
A B&Q spokesman has insisted the marketing director role will keep its place on the board and report directly to chief executive Martyn Phillips.
In the meantime, brand director David Hutchinson will take over as interim marketing director.
A decision has not yet been taken on whether he will assume the role full time.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'