Domino's flags up soaring mobile sales
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 09:21AM
Domino's has today (26 September) reported a 3.7% rise in like-for-like sales in the UK in the 13-week period to 23 September, driven by a leap in mobile sales that were up nearly 50% year on year.
The jump in online and mobile sales comes as Domino's shifts spend out of linear TV and plans to allocate more funds from its £10m marketing budget to lower-cost digital activity.
Domino's holds great store by its online and mobile sales of its pizzas. Britain's biggest pizza delivery store said that ecommerce now accounted for 58.4% of UK-delivered sales in the 13-week period, compared to 46.5% the year before.
Within online sales, mobile sales were up 46.9%, and now account for 18% of total online sales.
Domino's opened 11 new stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Germany during the reporting period, meaning it has now opened a total of 34 stores so far this year
The company said group sales overall grew 7.9% to £136.4m in the 13 weeks to 23 September.
Domino's results come ahead of the company's traditionally strong forth quarter.
Lance Batchelor, chief executive of Domino's, said: "I am pleased to report that Q3 has been another period of growth for Domino's.
"Our franchisees continue to show demonstrable enthusiasm and commitment to drive the business forward, even in a challenging economic climate."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff