Havas opens sports division in Moscow
Havas Sports & Entertainment has opened an office in Russia as the country prepares to host the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The Moscow office sits alongside Havas' Russian agencies, MPG, Arena Media and Euro RSCG (now Havas Worldwide), and is overseen by Dmitry Konstantinov, president of Havas Russia and CIS. The office is being led by Maria Gavrilova, who previously led a brand engagement team operating within MPG and Arena Media.
She said: 'The opening of Havas Sports & Entertainment Russia comes at a very strategic time, as Russia continues to attract an increasing number of international events.
'Crucially, we have local insight and can call on the support of the global Havas Sports & Entertainment network to help both local and international brands develop meaningful long-term relationships with Russian consumers.'
The new business aims to bring together sponsorship, PR, social media, experiential and content creation for clients in the Russian market, as well as Havas' global clients looking to enter the region.
Havas Sports & Entertainment president and global CEO Lucien Boyer said: 'Our experience of working for ten Olympic sponsors around London 2012, combined with our global track record with major sports and entertainment stakeholders and brands, gives us the expertise to advise clients looking to connect with consumers around big events.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director, partnership marketing, amazing brand! The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £50k, Central London, some travel to Surrey
- Consultant/Senior Consultant at a leading executive search consultancy Hanson Search Competitive Package , London
- Marketing Manager Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive