Southern Comfort appoints Wieden & Kennedy London to UK ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 12:06PM
Southern Comfort has appointed Wieden & Kennedy London to be its lead creative agency in the UK, handling its above-the-line and digital work.
Wieden & Kennedy London won the account without a pitch and follows the brand’s appointment of Wieden & Kennedy New York as its global agency of record in July this year.
The previous incumbent on the above-the-line business in the UK was Arnold KLP, while Grape handled the digital business.
Wieden’s in London also handles the advertising for Southern Comfort sister brands Finlandia and Maximus, which are all owned by Brown-Forman.
W&K London will be implementing the New York office's creative strategy "Whatever’s Comfortable" and follows W&K New York’s first work for the brand which launched last month in the US and today (Wednesday) in the UK.
W&K London, managing director, Neil Christie said: "We're delighted to add Southern Comfort to the WK London drinks trolley. It's a truly iconic brand and we look forward to working on it with the Brown Forman team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency