Southern Comfort appoints Wieden & Kennedy London to UK ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 12:06PM
Southern Comfort has appointed Wieden & Kennedy London to be its lead creative agency in the UK, handling its above-the-line and digital work.
Wieden & Kennedy London won the account without a pitch and follows the brand’s appointment of Wieden & Kennedy New York as its global agency of record in July this year.
The previous incumbent on the above-the-line business in the UK was Arnold KLP, while Grape handled the digital business.
Wieden’s in London also handles the advertising for Southern Comfort sister brands Finlandia and Maximus, which are all owned by Brown-Forman.
W&K London will be implementing the New York office's creative strategy "Whatever’s Comfortable" and follows W&K New York’s first work for the brand which launched last month in the US and today (Wednesday) in the UK.
W&K London, managing director, Neil Christie said: "We're delighted to add Southern Comfort to the WK London drinks trolley. It's a truly iconic brand and we look forward to working on it with the Brown Forman team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London
- Senior Account Manager / Producer - Branding, Design & Strategy Royds Raphael £50k+neg plus benefits, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign