Southern Comfort appoints Wieden & Kennedy London to UK ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 12:06PM
Southern Comfort has appointed Wieden & Kennedy London to be its lead creative agency in the UK, handling its above-the-line and digital work.
Wieden & Kennedy London won the account without a pitch and follows the brand’s appointment of Wieden & Kennedy New York as its global agency of record in July this year.
The previous incumbent on the above-the-line business in the UK was Arnold KLP, while Grape handled the digital business.
Wieden’s in London also handles the advertising for Southern Comfort sister brands Finlandia and Maximus, which are all owned by Brown-Forman.
W&K London will be implementing the New York office's creative strategy "Whatever’s Comfortable" and follows W&K New York’s first work for the brand which launched last month in the US and today (Wednesday) in the UK.
W&K London, managing director, Neil Christie said: "We're delighted to add Southern Comfort to the WK London drinks trolley. It's a truly iconic brand and we look forward to working on it with the Brown Forman team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show