Lloyd Evans replaces Teeman as PPA Marketing chairman
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:58AM
Julian Lloyd Evans, managing director of advertising at Dennis Publishing, has been appointed chairman of the PPA Marketing board.
PPA Marketing is the division of the PPA tasked with promoting magazine brands to media planners and the wider advertising community.
As chairman, Lloyd Evans will work closely with James Papworth, marketing director, PPA, on a number of forthcoming PPA Marketing initiatives, including the release of two new research projects and the PPA Advertising Awards, which takes place on 11 October.
He will assume his new role on 3 October, and replaces outgoing chairman Matt Teeman, who is leaving his position as managing director, advertising, at Immediate Media, to become commercial director at Metro.
Barry McIlheney, chief executive of the PPA, said: "Julian is a well-respected media professional and I'm really looking forward to working with him as chairman of the PPA Marketing board to promote magazines and magazine brands to agencies and the advertising world.
"Our industry has a powerful story to tell and Julian will play a key role in communicating those messages, and continuing to drive PPA Marketing forward.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Matt Teeman for the outstanding service and commitment he has shown to the PPA both as a member and as chairman of the PPA Marketing board."
Lloyd Evans has more than 17 years' experience in publishing and media. He joined Dennis Publishing in 1996 as a sales executive and has since worked across a number of markets, including lifestyle, news weekly, motoring, technology, luxury and games. He was promoted to ad director in July 2006.
He has experience across a range of media both from a publishing and agency perspective, including magazines, digital, contract publishing, PR and creative production, as well as creating a number of successful brands and businesses.
In 2006, he was promoted to the executive board of Dennis Publishing, with responsibility for all advertising sales, and in 2007, was promoted to managing director of advertising for Dennis Publishing UK. He has been an active member of the PPA Marketing board since 2006.
Lloyd Evans said: "I would like to thank Barry and the rest of the PPA for this great opportunity. I am very passionate about magazines, the great products and campaigns we produce, and the talent we have as an industry.
"The PPA Marketing board has a huge role to play in showcasing our industry at its best and to champion the great work we produce. I am proud to chair a very talented PPA Marketing board and hope that I can do as good a job as Matt has done over the last four years."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch