Samsung signs X Factor product placement deal
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:20AM
Samsung has signed a deal with ITV's The X Factor that will see its mobile and tablet devices become the first paid-for placements on the show.
As part of the deal, Samsung mobile phones and tablets will appear in The X Factor from Saturday (29 September), when the talent show reaches the judges' houses stage of the competition.
Future placements could include Samsung products appearing on the sister show The Xtra Factor on ITV2, and the partnership will be promoted through The X Factor website with online video diaries and display ads.
A Samsung app will be created for the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the brand will provide a phone and tablet to each contestant who makes it to The X Factor live show stages.
The partnership was negotiated by LiquidThread, Starcom MediaVest Group's content division.
Avikar Jolly, the head of brand and communications at Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland, said: "We pride ourselves on our devices being innovative and industry-leading, so the fact this is a 'first' fits perfectly with our ethos and ambitions as a brand."
The headline sponsor of The X Factor is TalkTalk.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency