Samsung signs X Factor product placement deal
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:20AM
Samsung has signed a deal with ITV's The X Factor that will see its mobile and tablet devices become the first paid-for placements on the show.
As part of the deal, Samsung mobile phones and tablets will appear in The X Factor from Saturday (29 September), when the talent show reaches the judges' houses stage of the competition.
Future placements could include Samsung products appearing on the sister show The Xtra Factor on ITV2, and the partnership will be promoted through The X Factor website with online video diaries and display ads.
A Samsung app will be created for the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the brand will provide a phone and tablet to each contestant who makes it to The X Factor live show stages.
The partnership was negotiated by LiquidThread, Starcom MediaVest Group's content division.
Avikar Jolly, the head of brand and communications at Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland, said: "We pride ourselves on our devices being innovative and industry-leading, so the fact this is a 'first' fits perfectly with our ethos and ambitions as a brand."
The headline sponsor of The X Factor is TalkTalk.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Fashion Account Director Michael Page Digital £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.