Samsung signs X Factor product placement deal
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:20AM
Samsung has signed a deal with ITV's The X Factor that will see its mobile and tablet devices become the first paid-for placements on the show.
As part of the deal, Samsung mobile phones and tablets will appear in The X Factor from Saturday (29 September), when the talent show reaches the judges' houses stage of the competition.
Future placements could include Samsung products appearing on the sister show The Xtra Factor on ITV2, and the partnership will be promoted through The X Factor website with online video diaries and display ads.
A Samsung app will be created for the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the brand will provide a phone and tablet to each contestant who makes it to The X Factor live show stages.
The partnership was negotiated by LiquidThread, Starcom MediaVest Group's content division.
Avikar Jolly, the head of brand and communications at Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland, said: "We pride ourselves on our devices being innovative and industry-leading, so the fact this is a 'first' fits perfectly with our ethos and ambitions as a brand."
The headline sponsor of The X Factor is TalkTalk.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Junior Art Director air recruitment Up to £28k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- EXHIBITION DESIGNER - EXHIBITION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Manager- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £27k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media