Guinness takes to skies in social media-driven campaign
Guinness Europe is today (27 September) launching a digital campaign to promote the way it is rewarding consumers for drinking "the black stuff" by taking them on a private jet to Dublin.
Consumers found to be drinking a pint of Guinness in one of 1,000 participating pubs across the UK by the brand's own flight crew, between 6pm and 8pm, from 5 October to 1 December, will be entered into a prize draw to "fly Guinness class" and win a trip to Dublin for four people.
A dedicated Facebook app gives consumers information about the campaign, including a viral ad featuring the Guinness stewardesses, a participating pub locator, and a winners' gallery.
Guinness has also partnered with PeerIndex, which helps target influencers among 100 million users on Twitter and Facebook, to seed the rewards campaign to its Peer Perks scheme members.
Consumers who are members of the scheme are measured on their reach as social influencers and PeerIndex will approach the members that best fit Guinness's target audience.
Azeem Azhar, chief executive of PeerIndex, said each social influencer had the ability to reach between 1,500 and 2,000 consumers through their daily interactions.
Supporting activity features a series of music performances from international acts in small pubs and venues, including Tinie Tempah, Example, Mika and Fatboy Slim.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch