Guinness takes to skies in social media-driven campaign
Guinness Europe is today (27 September) launching a digital campaign to promote the way it is rewarding consumers for drinking "the black stuff" by taking them on a private jet to Dublin.
Consumers found to be drinking a pint of Guinness in one of 1,000 participating pubs across the UK by the brand's own flight crew, between 6pm and 8pm, from 5 October to 1 December, will be entered into a prize draw to "fly Guinness class" and win a trip to Dublin for four people.
A dedicated Facebook app gives consumers information about the campaign, including a viral ad featuring the Guinness stewardesses, a participating pub locator, and a winners' gallery.
Guinness has also partnered with PeerIndex, which helps target influencers among 100 million users on Twitter and Facebook, to seed the rewards campaign to its Peer Perks scheme members.
Consumers who are members of the scheme are measured on their reach as social influencers and PeerIndex will approach the members that best fit Guinness's target audience.
Azeem Azhar, chief executive of PeerIndex, said each social influencer had the ability to reach between 1,500 and 2,000 consumers through their daily interactions.
Supporting activity features a series of music performances from international acts in small pubs and venues, including Tinie Tempah, Example, Mika and Fatboy Slim.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show