Vodafone replaces Sheikh with former Mini marketer Barbara Haase
Vodafone Group has appointed former Mini marketer Barbara Haase as its group brand director, replacing Clare Sheikh who is leaving the company.
In her new role Haase will be the most senior marketer at Vodafone across the globe and she will report to Morten Lundal, Vodafone Group’s chief commercial officer.
Lundal said: "Barbara is a highly accomplished brand and marketing professional, and I’m delighted to welcome her back to Vodafone."
Her appointment follows Marketing reporting tensions within Vodafone’s marketing team after Sheikh had felt it "necessary to highlight issues with senior management - even if these were likely to prove uncomfortable".
Sheikh said the issue was in the hands of her lawyers while a Vodafone spokesperson told MArketing Sheikh was "still in post and with the company".
Haase is currently managing director and partner of the German brand consultancy Brand Plantation AG and is a previous global head of marketing communications and brand for BMW’s Mini.
Her surprise appointment marks a company return for Haase, who used to be head of marketing communications and brand at Vodafone Germany between 2003 and 2008, when she was responsible for integrating the Arcor brand into Vodafone.
Other senior roles Haase has held include head of marketing and sales for the development of BMW Group’s ‘i’ sub-brand and director and vice president of marketing communications, Europe with the Sony Corporation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film