Vodafone replaces Sheikh with former Mini marketer Barbara Haase
Vodafone Group has appointed former Mini marketer Barbara Haase as its group brand director, replacing Clare Sheikh who is leaving the company.
In her new role Haase will be the most senior marketer at Vodafone across the globe and she will report to Morten Lundal, Vodafone Group’s chief commercial officer.
Lundal said: "Barbara is a highly accomplished brand and marketing professional, and I’m delighted to welcome her back to Vodafone."
Her appointment follows Marketing reporting tensions within Vodafone’s marketing team after Sheikh had felt it "necessary to highlight issues with senior management - even if these were likely to prove uncomfortable".
Sheikh said the issue was in the hands of her lawyers while a Vodafone spokesperson told MArketing Sheikh was "still in post and with the company".
Haase is currently managing director and partner of the German brand consultancy Brand Plantation AG and is a previous global head of marketing communications and brand for BMW’s Mini.
Her surprise appointment marks a company return for Haase, who used to be head of marketing communications and brand at Vodafone Germany between 2003 and 2008, when she was responsible for integrating the Arcor brand into Vodafone.
Other senior roles Haase has held include head of marketing and sales for the development of BMW Group’s ‘i’ sub-brand and director and vice president of marketing communications, Europe with the Sony Corporation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director (Maternity Contract) - International Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd to £60k pro rata, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits, Leeds
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'