Manning Gottlieb OMD lands Prostate Cancer UK business
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 September 2012 08:51AM
Prostate Cancer UK has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its £1.5m media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
As reported two weeks ago, the pitch was conducted by the AAR and contested by incumbent MI Media, which partnered with Arena Media, and the7Stars.
Seamus O'Farrell, director of communications at Prostate Cancer UK, said: "Prostate cancer needs to become a highly salient issue, quickly and Prostate Cancer UK must raise revenues dramatically.
"Creative media planning and investment is critical. We need to make every £1 invested seem like £4. Manning Gottlieb has developed some remarkable thinking to deliver this."
MG OMD, part of the Omnicom Media Group, will help the charity to boost awareness of prostate cancer as an issue and raise funds to further its research goals which include developing a robust screening test.
Prostate Cancer UK plans to move beyond its traditional direct response activity, and will work in partnership with MG OMD to "develop its communications strategy and deliver fully integrated plans across multiple channels for the first time".
Robert Ffitch, managing director at MG OMD, said: "Prostate Cancer kills 10,000 men a year. The same tragic scale as breast cancer, and yet awareness of the problem and support to find cures and help is a fraction compared to other terrible diseases in the UK."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing, Beauty Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Client Services/ Head of Commercial/ Business Development Premier Media £45000 - £55000 per annum + up to 20% bonus, London
- Digital Producer - Games Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Sales and Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK