Manning Gottlieb OMD lands Prostate Cancer UK business
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 September 2012 08:51AM
Prostate Cancer UK has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its £1.5m media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
As reported two weeks ago, the pitch was conducted by the AAR and contested by incumbent MI Media, which partnered with Arena Media, and the7Stars.
Seamus O'Farrell, director of communications at Prostate Cancer UK, said: "Prostate cancer needs to become a highly salient issue, quickly and Prostate Cancer UK must raise revenues dramatically.
"Creative media planning and investment is critical. We need to make every £1 invested seem like £4. Manning Gottlieb has developed some remarkable thinking to deliver this."
MG OMD, part of the Omnicom Media Group, will help the charity to boost awareness of prostate cancer as an issue and raise funds to further its research goals which include developing a robust screening test.
Prostate Cancer UK plans to move beyond its traditional direct response activity, and will work in partnership with MG OMD to "develop its communications strategy and deliver fully integrated plans across multiple channels for the first time".
Robert Ffitch, managing director at MG OMD, said: "Prostate Cancer kills 10,000 men a year. The same tragic scale as breast cancer, and yet awareness of the problem and support to find cures and help is a fraction compared to other terrible diseases in the UK."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'