Campaign Viral Chart: Belgian mindreader fends off Lana Del Rey
A hidden-camera ad for Belgian financial federation, Febelfin, in which a squad of internet fraudsters feed a "mind reader" with details from the web to trick his unsuspecting clients has topped the chart this week.
The ad highlights the dangers of sharing information online. It has been created by Duval Guillaume Modem and shared 376,868 times in the past seven days.
Samsung, last week's chart-topper, fell to second position with their ad by 72andSunny. It spoofs the Apple "superfans" queueing for the launch of the iPhone 5.
Meanwhile, an official iPhone 5 ad, created by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, has been shared 15,861 times and enters the chart in eight position. It was bested by a video for iPhone5 information blog, iPhone5.nl.
The ad, created in-house, features hidden-camera footage of people struggling to pick up a new iPhone that had been glued to the streets of Amsterdam.
An extended version of H&M's new ad, created by Johan Renck and starring Lana Del Rey, has been shared 59,484 times and comes in third.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Febelfin 'mind reader' by Duval Guillaume Modem
376,868 shares this week
All time: 392,408 shares
2. Samsung 'the next big thing is already here' by 72andSunny
193,415 shares this week
All time: 432,901 shares
3. H&M 'blue velvet' by Johan Renck
59,484 shares this week
All time: 78,296 shares
4. Romney Ryan 'the Romney plan' by Romney for President, Inc.
34,842 shares this week
All time: 114,518 shares
5. adidas 'wake up' by 180 LA
31,771 shares this week
All time: 43,943 shares
6. iPhone5.nl 'iPhone 5 glued to the ground' created in-house
20,556 shares this week
All time: 27,800 shares
7. Volkswagen 'it's not the miles, it's how you live them' by Deutsch, LA
19,555 shares this week
All time: 31,677 shares
8. Apple 'iPhone 5' by TBWA\Media Arts Lab
15,861 shares this week
All time: 18,066 shares
9. Fragile Childhood 'memories' by Euro RSCG Helsinki
14,948 shares this week
All time: 61,614 shares
10. Romney Ryan 'least we can do' by Romney for President, Inc.
14,244 shares this week
All time: 75,118 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager; Luxury Goods GoodEgg Digital Up to £45k plus terrific benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'