Campaign Viral Chart: Belgian mindreader fends off Lana Del Rey
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 September 2012 09:00AM
A hidden-camera ad for Belgian financial federation, Febelfin, in which a squad of internet fraudsters feed a "mind reader" with details from the web to trick his unsuspecting clients has topped the chart this week.
The ad highlights the dangers of sharing information online. It has been created by Duval Guillaume Modem and shared 376,868 times in the past seven days.
Samsung, last week's chart-topper, fell to second position with their ad by 72andSunny. It spoofs the Apple "superfans" queueing for the launch of the iPhone 5.
Meanwhile, an official iPhone 5 ad, created by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, has been shared 15,861 times and enters the chart in eight position. It was bested by a video for iPhone5 information blog, iPhone5.nl.
The ad, created in-house, features hidden-camera footage of people struggling to pick up a new iPhone that had been glued to the streets of Amsterdam.
An extended version of H&M's new ad, created by Johan Renck and starring Lana Del Rey, has been shared 59,484 times and comes in third.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Febelfin 'mind reader' by Duval Guillaume Modem
376,868 shares this week
All time: 392,408 shares
2. Samsung 'the next big thing is already here' by 72andSunny
193,415 shares this week
All time: 432,901 shares
3. H&M 'blue velvet' by Johan Renck
59,484 shares this week
All time: 78,296 shares
4. Romney Ryan 'the Romney plan' by Romney for President, Inc.
34,842 shares this week
All time: 114,518 shares
5. adidas 'wake up' by 180 LA
31,771 shares this week
All time: 43,943 shares
6. iPhone5.nl 'iPhone 5 glued to the ground' created in-house
20,556 shares this week
All time: 27,800 shares
7. Volkswagen 'it's not the miles, it's how you live them' by Deutsch, LA
19,555 shares this week
All time: 31,677 shares
8. Apple 'iPhone 5' by TBWA\Media Arts Lab
15,861 shares this week
All time: 18,066 shares
9. Fragile Childhood 'memories' by Euro RSCG Helsinki
14,948 shares this week
All time: 61,614 shares
10. Romney Ryan 'least we can do' by Romney for President, Inc.
14,244 shares this week
All time: 75,118 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Manager - Exciting new agency opportunity ADLIB Up to c.£25k, Bath
- Planning Director SYLEX Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Interim National Account Manager - Wholesale and C&C Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive + Car, North West England
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media