Department of Health retains Dare for anti-smoking ad brief
The Department of Health has retained Dare to handle its advertising account for its high-profile anti-smoking campaign.
Dare beat McCann London, Mother, DLKW Lowe, M&C Saatchi and Wieden & Kennedy London in a pitch handled directly by The Department of Health.
The agency has been contracted to the business for a year with the potential to extend for a further two years when the initial contract ends on 31 March 2013. The budget for the campaign will be £800,000.
Government adspend on encouraging the public to stop smoking has fallen considerably under the current administration. Anti-smoking ads were backed with a £26.7 million budget in 2008/09, which dropped to £14.6 million in 2009/10 and just £1.1 million in 2010/11.
Dare, who was the incumbent on the business, launched its most recent work on the campaign in March to explain the dangers of second-hand smoke in cars and in the home.
Dare inherited the account after it merged with MCBD, which had worked on the business since 2007.
Following the closure of COI in March, a new agency roster overseen by the Government Procurement Service will be created.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014