Food Network partners 15 street vendors for interactive campaign
Food Network UK is launching a digital campaign based on a partnership with 15 street food vendors to push its forthcoming 'Andy Bates American Street Feasts' series.
Holler created the campaign, which will encourage customers to tweet a picture and description of food bought from participating vendors using the #StreetFeastsUSA hashtag.
Each vendor is giving away 20 free lunches over the course of the week, based on what the they think are the best images sent through Twitter.
All tweets and images posted by people using the hashtag will be added to an interactive online map hosted on the Food Network website.
Participating vendors will also receive advertising on the Food Network UK Facebook page and mentions across the brand’s other social media channels.
In the week following the airing of the first episode, Bates will visit the food vendor who generated the most social media posts on the interactive food map.
Food Network UK will also run a Twitter Q&A with Bates during the premiere of the show at 6.30pm on 8 October.
The series comprises 15 episodes of 30 minutes each and follows Bates across the Atlantic as he travels to the US to uncover the best American street food.
Food Network is turning to crowdsourcing to further expand the campaign by inviting food and lifestyle bloggers to submit their choices for the 'Top 100 Street Food Stalls' via the interactive map.
It is hoped the activity will establish Food Network UK as the authority on street food.
Influential bloggers will be invited to take part in a street food Apprentice-style challenge with Andy Bates with video content from the event uploaded to the network.
Kate Bradshaw, head of digital at Food Network UK, said it was the "first channel to uncover and showcase street food as a genre, with Andy Bates a great example of the authentic, grass-roots talent unearthed by the channel".Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Global Head of Investor Access Services EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, City of London
- Social Media Executive, Luxury Travel, 6month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, Surrey
- Head of Product Management - Consumer Savings EMR £50000 - £55000 per annum + pension and benefits, City of London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push