Pringles to sponsor peak-time films on Channel 5
Pringles, the Kellogg's-owned crisp brand, has signed a significant six-figure deal to sponsor peak-time films on Channel 5's network of TV channels from this evening (1 October).
Pringles will use the sponsorship to drive awareness of its range of flavours, such as lesser known variants Prawn Cocktail and Thai Sweet Chilli and its new flavour Salt & Pepper.
The partnership will be extended through other media in Channel 5's parent group Northern & Shell's portfolio, including reader offers in its newspapers and advertorials in OK! magazine.
Channel 5's in-house creative team made all accompanying creative treatments, including the idents. These will aim to bring the flavours to life and promote the association between watching films and snacking.
Caroline Pathy, Pringles marketing manager at Kellogg’s, said: "We wanted to find a medium where consumers would be receptive to our flavour message. Sponsorship of movies is not only relevant as a snacking occasion for all the family but it provided us with rich territory to talk about the different Pringles flavours."
The sponsorship was planned and bought by Aegis Media's Carat. Amanda Burningham, associate director, Carat Sponsorship, said it was "designed to deliver maximum impact and business value".
The sponsorship will begin with the classic film 'Speed' on Channel 5 at 9pm this evening and will include peak-time films on Channel 5 and digital channels 5* and 5USA, for an initial three months.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "Watching a movie is a fantastic snacking opportunity. It's great that Pringles and Carat recognise this insight and will be developing a proposition with us around the N&S portfolio."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Email Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000 pa DOE, Worcester
- Senior Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50,000 to £60,000, London
- Solution designer - Agile - Digital - Mobile - Apps - Web Salt £45000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , Cheshire
- Account Director [Airline Account] - SE1 Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + bonus scheme, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Marketing - Oxfordshire Stonor £45,000 plus benefits , Oxfordshire
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers