Pringles to sponsor peak-time films on Channel 5
Pringles, the Kellogg's-owned crisp brand, has signed a significant six-figure deal to sponsor peak-time films on Channel 5's network of TV channels from this evening (1 October).
Pringles will use the sponsorship to drive awareness of its range of flavours, such as lesser known variants Prawn Cocktail and Thai Sweet Chilli and its new flavour Salt & Pepper.
The partnership will be extended through other media in Channel 5's parent group Northern & Shell's portfolio, including reader offers in its newspapers and advertorials in OK! magazine.
Channel 5's in-house creative team made all accompanying creative treatments, including the idents. These will aim to bring the flavours to life and promote the association between watching films and snacking.
Caroline Pathy, Pringles marketing manager at Kellogg’s, said: "We wanted to find a medium where consumers would be receptive to our flavour message. Sponsorship of movies is not only relevant as a snacking occasion for all the family but it provided us with rich territory to talk about the different Pringles flavours."
The sponsorship was planned and bought by Aegis Media's Carat. Amanda Burningham, associate director, Carat Sponsorship, said it was "designed to deliver maximum impact and business value".
The sponsorship will begin with the classic film 'Speed' on Channel 5 at 9pm this evening and will include peak-time films on Channel 5 and digital channels 5* and 5USA, for an initial three months.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "Watching a movie is a fantastic snacking opportunity. It's great that Pringles and Carat recognise this insight and will be developing a proposition with us around the N&S portfolio."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media