Ray Mears sets trap for Gio Compario in latest GoCompare ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 01 October 2012 12:00PM
GoCompare, the comparison site, has enlisted survival expert Ray Mears to ensnare its brand character Gio Compario in its latest TV ad.
The 30-second spot, created by Dare, features Gio singing his signature opera tune to three men, who try to ignore him.
He then steps into a trap set by Mears and is hoisted into the air. Mears appears from behind a bush with a grin on his face and the ad cuts to the "saving the nation" strapline.
The ad was directed by Big Red Button, and the production company was Moxie. The creative directors for the campaign were Nick Bird and Lee Smith and the copywriter was Colin Smith. Angus Vine was the art director on the spot.
Carat handled the media for the campaign, which launches today and runs for the next six weeks.
This is the third ad in GoCompare's 'Saving the Nation’ campaign, which aims to make GoCompare ‘loved’ by acknowledging the fact that many people find Gio Compario irritating.
The first ad, which featured sports presenter Sue Barker attempting to blow up Gio attracted a high number of complaints from the general public and now stands at 796.
The second ad in the series featured Team GB football coach Stuart Pearce kicking a ball at Gio has received 918 complaints, with the majority being that it is inappropriate for children.
The Advertising Standards Authority found no grounds to investigate either ad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Cars ! Ready for an immediate start or Jan 2015! Barker Graves £30/38K, central London
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)