Guinness launches 'cloud' TV campaign
Guinness is launching a TV and cinema ad campaign, encouraging people to get the most out of life.
The campaign, 'Cloud', created by AMV BBDO, will run across digital and social media from today (2 October), with TV, cinema and print launching on 4 October, and forms part of the brand 'Made Of More' drive.
Directed by award-winner Peter Thwaites from Gorgeous, the TV and cinema ad aims to celebrate the brand's attitude of getting more out of life by putting more in.
The ad, which includes 90-, 60- and 30-second versions, follows the extraordinary journey of an unusual cloud that drifts alone through a city. The cloud drifts into an underground car park, looks at its reflection in a skyscraper and puts out a wild street fire, before continuing its journey across the sea.
The ad uses the cloud as a metaphor to show how amazing things can happen if people make the most of themselves.
The executive creative director on the ad was Dave Buchanan, who worked with Alex Grieve and Adrian Rossi. Ant Nelson and Mike Sutherland worked on the print activity.
Nick Britton, senior brand manager, Guinness said: "The idea of something being made of more, is one that really reflects a shared attitude Guinness has with its drinkers, who love the distinctive look and taste of Guinness and aspire to get the most out of every aspect of their lives.
"It's not defined by a single age, class or demographic. Guinness has always been synonymous with iconic advertising and this new creative direction for the brand presents great territory to connect with consumers that never settle for the ordinary."
Last month, Guinness Europe launched a digital campaign to promote the way it is rewarding consumers for drinking "the black stuff" by taking them on a private jet to Dublin.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014