Scottish Power to relaunch as national brand
Scottish Power is seeking to reinvent itself as a national consumer brand in an effort to take on the bigger players in the sector.
The Spanish-owned supplier has national reach because the energy it generates is provided to customers through the national grid. Its marketing, however, currently focuses primarily on Scotland and North West England.
It is understood that Scottish Power will soon start advertising across the whole of Britain in order to help it gain ground on its rivals.
The brand is holding a pitch for advertising and digital agencies to work on a nationwide campaign. The process is being handled by intermediary Creativebrief.
Scottish Power is the smallest of the 'big six' energy suppliers by number of accounts, according to data from Cornwall Energy.
With 4.5m account holders, Scottish Power is about 1m customers behind the fifth-biggest supplier EDF Energy. British Gas is the market leader, supplying more than 11m homes with gas and more than 6m with electricity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline