Scottish Power to relaunch as national brand
Scottish Power is seeking to reinvent itself as a national consumer brand in an effort to take on the bigger players in the sector.
The Spanish-owned supplier has national reach because the energy it generates is provided to customers through the national grid. Its marketing, however, currently focuses primarily on Scotland and North West England.
It is understood that Scottish Power will soon start advertising across the whole of Britain in order to help it gain ground on its rivals.
The brand is holding a pitch for advertising and digital agencies to work on a nationwide campaign. The process is being handled by intermediary Creativebrief.
Scottish Power is the smallest of the 'big six' energy suppliers by number of accounts, according to data from Cornwall Energy.
With 4.5m account holders, Scottish Power is about 1m customers behind the fifth-biggest supplier EDF Energy. British Gas is the market leader, supplying more than 11m homes with gas and more than 6m with electricity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show