Scottish Power to relaunch as national brand
Scottish Power is seeking to reinvent itself as a national consumer brand in an effort to take on the bigger players in the sector.
The Spanish-owned supplier has national reach because the energy it generates is provided to customers through the national grid. Its marketing, however, currently focuses primarily on Scotland and North West England.
It is understood that Scottish Power will soon start advertising across the whole of Britain in order to help it gain ground on its rivals.
The brand is holding a pitch for advertising and digital agencies to work on a nationwide campaign. The process is being handled by intermediary Creativebrief.
Scottish Power is the smallest of the 'big six' energy suppliers by number of accounts, according to data from Cornwall Energy.
With 4.5m account holders, Scottish Power is about 1m customers behind the fifth-biggest supplier EDF Energy. British Gas is the market leader, supplying more than 11m homes with gas and more than 6m with electricity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Associate Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- European Digital Director Dot-Gap N/A, Germany
- Account Manager - TV Aspire £30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India