UKTI Silicon Roundabout comms account up for grabs
Comms work to promote the UK's answer to Silicon Valley is up for grabs as the Government seeks to draw in new business.
UK Trade and Investment has launched a pitch to aid east London’s Tech City, the area around Old Street’s ‘Silicon Roundabout’, amid efforts to draw in young tech talent.
PRWeek understands that the retained brief, currently held by Hill+Knowlton Strategies, will call on an agency to highlight the Government’s work to support the area.
A well-placed source said: ‘The work will look to encourage inward investment and have a UK element as well as a possible international one.
‘It’s to increase awareness of Tech City as a location of choice for business. It will also focus on increasing awareness among those based in Tech City of the benefits of UK policy measures and the support they can get when looking internationally.’
PRWeek understands a recent preliminary meeting included Blue Rubicon and Weber Shandwick. An appointment is expected in December.
Tech City was launched by the Prime Minister in 2010 with the aim of making the area a global hub of tech talent.
The pitch comes amid continued development of the site, with the recent installation of The Shoreditch Network offering high speed internet and secure cloud services to local businesses. In July, Amazon opened an innovation centre at Tech City, joining Google, Vodafone, Facebook and Intel among others at the site.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies was appointed in May last year by UKTI to provide comms backing to the Tech City Investment Organisation.
A spokesman for the TCIO said: ‘We hope to find an agency we can work with to benefit Tech City and the UK tech industry.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Web Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Global Digital Capability Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement