Lebedev's i kicks off ad campaign and push into university market
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 11:20AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p digest i newspaper is undertaking a new TV campaign and is also promoting the brand in universities with the recruitment of student ambassadors.
The TV campaign kicks off this week and features the same TV spot as before, created by McCann London.
The TV ad will be aired on Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5, along with video-on-demand activity.
It will also be aired on student TV across 68 universities nationwide, as the paper seeks to build its presence in the student market.
Andrew Mullins, managing director of the i, has already spoken about making the i the newspaper of choice in schools and universities.
Mullins previously said: "The i is not a commuter product per se. We have been doing subs with schools and the feedback from headmasters has been positive."
As part of its bid to push the brand into universities, the i will begin a series of activities, including sampling and promotions on university campuses.
Additionally, 25 student ambassadors will be recruited across the UK to help oversee the distribution of the paper in universities.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account