Lebedev's i kicks off ad campaign and push into university market
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 11:20AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p digest i newspaper is undertaking a new TV campaign and is also promoting the brand in universities with the recruitment of student ambassadors.
The TV campaign kicks off this week and features the same TV spot as before, created by McCann London.
The TV ad will be aired on Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5, along with video-on-demand activity.
It will also be aired on student TV across 68 universities nationwide, as the paper seeks to build its presence in the student market.
Andrew Mullins, managing director of the i, has already spoken about making the i the newspaper of choice in schools and universities.
Mullins previously said: "The i is not a commuter product per se. We have been doing subs with schools and the feedback from headmasters has been positive."
As part of its bid to push the brand into universities, the i will begin a series of activities, including sampling and promotions on university campuses.
Additionally, 25 student ambassadors will be recruited across the UK to help oversee the distribution of the paper in universities.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham