Lebedev's i kicks off ad campaign and push into university market
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 11:20AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p digest i newspaper is undertaking a new TV campaign and is also promoting the brand in universities with the recruitment of student ambassadors.
The TV campaign kicks off this week and features the same TV spot as before, created by McCann London.
The TV ad will be aired on Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5, along with video-on-demand activity.
It will also be aired on student TV across 68 universities nationwide, as the paper seeks to build its presence in the student market.
Andrew Mullins, managing director of the i, has already spoken about making the i the newspaper of choice in schools and universities.
Mullins previously said: "The i is not a commuter product per se. We have been doing subs with schools and the feedback from headmasters has been positive."
As part of its bid to push the brand into universities, the i will begin a series of activities, including sampling and promotions on university campuses.
Additionally, 25 student ambassadors will be recruited across the UK to help oversee the distribution of the paper in universities.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'