Lebedev's i kicks off ad campaign and push into university market
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 11:20AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p digest i newspaper is undertaking a new TV campaign and is also promoting the brand in universities with the recruitment of student ambassadors.
The TV campaign kicks off this week and features the same TV spot as before, created by McCann London.
The TV ad will be aired on Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5, along with video-on-demand activity.
It will also be aired on student TV across 68 universities nationwide, as the paper seeks to build its presence in the student market.
Andrew Mullins, managing director of the i, has already spoken about making the i the newspaper of choice in schools and universities.
Mullins previously said: "The i is not a commuter product per se. We have been doing subs with schools and the feedback from headmasters has been positive."
As part of its bid to push the brand into universities, the i will begin a series of activities, including sampling and promotions on university campuses.
Additionally, 25 student ambassadors will be recruited across the UK to help oversee the distribution of the paper in universities.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel