Lebedev's i kicks off ad campaign and push into university market
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 11:20AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p digest i newspaper is undertaking a new TV campaign and is also promoting the brand in universities with the recruitment of student ambassadors.
The TV campaign kicks off this week and features the same TV spot as before, created by McCann London.
The TV ad will be aired on Channel 4, ITV, Channel 5, along with video-on-demand activity.
It will also be aired on student TV across 68 universities nationwide, as the paper seeks to build its presence in the student market.
Andrew Mullins, managing director of the i, has already spoken about making the i the newspaper of choice in schools and universities.
Mullins previously said: "The i is not a commuter product per se. We have been doing subs with schools and the feedback from headmasters has been positive."
As part of its bid to push the brand into universities, the i will begin a series of activities, including sampling and promotions on university campuses.
Additionally, 25 student ambassadors will be recruited across the UK to help oversee the distribution of the paper in universities.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood