Daily Diary - Feeling peaky
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 10:43AM
How does trekking 23 miles in 24-hours across three snowy peaked mountains shrouded in fog, in the dark and the cold, with no sleep, sound?
Apart from a stag do gone wrong, to the majority of us the thought of leaving our comfortable warm city boltholes to climb the UK’s three tallest mountains in autumn sounds like pure madness.
However, for 30 AMV BBDO employees their moment of madness to undertake The National Three Peaks Challenge, which means climbing the UK's three tallest peaks, Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike, can be blamed on Mo Farah, Chris Hoy and the rest of the Olympic and Paralympic champions who inspired them.
After several weeks of training the AMV team were ready to undertake their challenge all in the good name of charity.
Propped up by Kendall mint cake, Lucozade, stolen moments of sleep and the thought of their celebratory champagne crawl, the team successfully completed the challenge and managed to raise almost £10K for one of their chosen charities, Crisis.
The AMV Three Peaks Challenge was the launch activity for Bud, AMV's in-house charity initiative. If you would like to donate please click here.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK