Daily Diary - Feeling peaky
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 10:43AM
How does trekking 23 miles in 24-hours across three snowy peaked mountains shrouded in fog, in the dark and the cold, with no sleep, sound?
Apart from a stag do gone wrong, to the majority of us the thought of leaving our comfortable warm city boltholes to climb the UK’s three tallest mountains in autumn sounds like pure madness.
However, for 30 AMV BBDO employees their moment of madness to undertake The National Three Peaks Challenge, which means climbing the UK's three tallest peaks, Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike, can be blamed on Mo Farah, Chris Hoy and the rest of the Olympic and Paralympic champions who inspired them.
After several weeks of training the AMV team were ready to undertake their challenge all in the good name of charity.
Propped up by Kendall mint cake, Lucozade, stolen moments of sleep and the thought of their celebratory champagne crawl, the team successfully completed the challenge and managed to raise almost £10K for one of their chosen charities, Crisis.
The AMV Three Peaks Challenge was the launch activity for Bud, AMV's in-house charity initiative. If you would like to donate please click here.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show