Daily Diary - Feeling peaky
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 October 2012 10:43AM
How does trekking 23 miles in 24-hours across three snowy peaked mountains shrouded in fog, in the dark and the cold, with no sleep, sound?
Apart from a stag do gone wrong, to the majority of us the thought of leaving our comfortable warm city boltholes to climb the UK’s three tallest mountains in autumn sounds like pure madness.
However, for 30 AMV BBDO employees their moment of madness to undertake The National Three Peaks Challenge, which means climbing the UK's three tallest peaks, Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike, can be blamed on Mo Farah, Chris Hoy and the rest of the Olympic and Paralympic champions who inspired them.
After several weeks of training the AMV team were ready to undertake their challenge all in the good name of charity.
Propped up by Kendall mint cake, Lucozade, stolen moments of sleep and the thought of their celebratory champagne crawl, the team successfully completed the challenge and managed to raise almost £10K for one of their chosen charities, Crisis.
The AMV Three Peaks Challenge was the launch activity for Bud, AMV's in-house charity initiative. If you would like to donate please click here.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- NPD Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand Manager EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England