Richard Desmond ups Daily Star Sunday cover price again
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 03 October 2012 11:15AM
Richard Desmond is raising the cover price of the Daily Star Sunday for the second time in four months, from 80p to 90p, making it 40p more expensive than the Sun on Sunday.
The price increase will take effect this Sunday, 7 October. It follows the title's cover price increase in July, from 50p to 80p.
News International has said the Sun on Sunday will continue to be priced at 50p until the end of the year.
The Sunday Mirror, meanwhile, is priced at £1.
Desmond's move comes as he battles to safeguard Daily Star Sunday readers against Rupert Murdoch's marketing-leading Sun on Sunday.
The Daily Star Sunday reported an average audited circulation figure of 439.621 in August, compared to 744,981 a year ago.
The Sun on Sunday reported an average circulation of 2,133,616 in August, while the Sunday Mirror reported a circulation of 1,101,206.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand and Advertising Manager EMR £57000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- CRM Insight Analyst Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Social Analyst Adam Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, London