Smirnoff breaks £7m 'Yours for the Making' campaign
Smirnoff, the Diageo-owned drinks brand, has launched a European campaign to inspire people to create new nightlife experiences, under the new global tagline "yours for the making".
The TV ad, called "nocturnal awakening", by JWT New York launches across Western Europe this week.
It features a series of decadent images including people taking showers in glitter and a piano being filled with ice and Smirnoff bottles.
The narrator says, "We invite the creators, the curious, the yearners, all aiming to make a mark on the night with sound, flavour, texture and sight."
The ad ends with the line, "Go make the night. It’s up to you."
The campaign, which will be rolled out globally next year, is using influential individuals in the UK music and nightlife industry to identify new nightlife ideas and experiences.
These ideas and experiences will be shared globally by the brand across YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, with the hashtag #yoursforthemaking.
Smirnoff will then run a series of "Nightlife experiments" in the first quarter of 2013, born out of consumers’ ideas shared within the campaign.
Emma Sherwood-Smith, marketing manager, Smirnoff Western Europe, said: "Smirnoff has been pioneering new and unique nightlife experiences throughout its history.
"Now, with ‘#YoursForTheMaking’ we are asking our consumers to unleash their own inner spirit of inventiveness in their drinks and nightlife choices in order to have an even better time.
"We are working with leading nightlife curators to inspire and facilitate innovative new nightlife ideas, which continue to challenge conventions and inspire people to try something new."
JWT New York’s executive creative director Ben James worked on the ad, with art director Eric Larkin and copywriters Alexis Reid and Visha Nguyen.
It was directed by Nima Nourizadeh and produced by Partizan. Profero handled the digital work.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Insight Manager Hasson Associates £57,000 - £65,000, Kent
- Brand Insight Manager Hasson Associates £57,000 - £65,000, Kent
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles