VIDEO: What do women really think about Cadbury's Crispello bar?
Marketing took to the streets of Hammersmith to ask the public what they thought of Crispello, Cadbury's new chocolate bar that is firmly targeting the female market.
Kraft-owned Cadbury announced details of the launch this week. It marks the brand's first chocolate bar launch since the 1990s.
The Crispello is a mix of wafer and chocolate and comes wrapped in Cadbury's familiar purple packaging. It contains 165 calories and is targeted specifically at women, supported by a £7m marketing campaign.
The bar has three re-sealable packages, so, as one interviewee points out, "if you just wanted one you could just take it out and save some for later".
On the whole, the women interviewed said the chocolate bar was attractive and tasty, commenting favourably in particular on the purple wrapping.
One interviewee said: "It looks nice. I like the fact that it's shiny purple". Another said: "I like purple, so yeah, it's nice."
When asked whether they would buy the product, the majority of women said that they would.
Follow Georgina Brazier and Ben Hall on Twitter @BRproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show