Iglo Birds Eye calls pan-Euro creative contest
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 08:00AM
Iglo Group, the frozen-food giant, is reviewing its advertising arrangements for its Iglo brand across continental Europe.
The review covers Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal and France, as well as Central and Eastern Europe.
Iglo’s agency of record in Europe, BBDO Proximity, is repitching for the business.
The process is being run by Alex von den Steinen, the general manager, vegetables category, at Iglo. The company is already in discussions with selected agencies.
Iglo is known as Birds Eye in the UK, where the relationship with its incumbent, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, is unaffected by the review.
The brand, which encompasses frozen fish, vegetables and ready-meals, lost market share in the first half of the year in continental Europe, according to results released in August.
Martin Glenn, its chief executive, said Iglo had ceded share to private-label manufacturers in Italy, where it acquired Unilever’s frozen-food business two years ago.
Iglo also lost share in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, where consumers are turning to discount stores.
However, in the UK, which accounts for one-third of Iglo’s sales, the company increased its market share.
An Iglo spokeswoman said: "We believe it’s good practice to review supplier relationships every so often."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires