Twitter rolls out survey tool for advertisers
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 09:00AM
Twitter is introducing a new feature, called Twitter Survey, aimed at helping brands measure the effectiveness of their ad campaigns on the platform.
Twitter Survey pops up within a user’s timeline, much as a Promoted Tweet would, and asks users to fill in a series of questions if they click through.
It will appear on both desktop and mobile devices. Twitter has partnered with the research agency Nielsen to launch the tool.
The tool is free to Twitter advertising partners who have spent above a minimum amount. A spokeswoman would not reveal what the minimum spend was.
Twitter is currently testing Twitter Survey with a small set of advertisers in the US after which it will be made available to a wider group at the start of 2013.
The social media company announced details of the tool on a blog post, saying "it will give brands better insights to determine purchase intent, overall awareness, and other advertising metrics and analytics that can lead to greater engagement on Twitter."
The launch of Twitter Survey marks the latest in a number of changes Twitter has made to the site and its ad products in recent months. These include geo-targeted ads and interest-based ads.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham