Costa returns to TV with singing baristas and biggest digital investment to date
Costa Coffee is returning to TV after a two-year hiatus with a user-generated marketing campaign and its biggest investment in digital activity to date.
The campaign, created by Karmarama, shows dozens of men and women alongside Costa baristas buried up to their necks in coffee beans, while singing along to a cover of "I was made for loving you" by Kiss.
Costa claims that the TV creative, launching tomorrow (5 October) evening on Channel 4, shows the pride its baristas take in the coffee it serves consumers.
The campaign runs across TV, print, in-store and is the brand's biggest digital push to date. It follows the brand’s first TV campaign two years ago featuring monkeys.
A supporting app lets Costa fans record their own tributes to Kiss and upload them to Costa’s Facebook page. The winning entries will be used in a later ad for the brand.
Kevin Hydes, marketing director at Costa Retail, said: "By putting Costa fans together with our baristas, it playfully makes the point that they really are the stars. The campaign shows that only our baristas put their heart into everything they do, and we hope our customers feel the love in every cup."
Two years ago, Costa launched its first-ever TV ad called "Monkeys and Typewriters", which was aimed at highlighting the superior quality of its coffee.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Art Director Major Players £25000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Assistant, Maidstone, £21k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Maidstone
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £20000 per annum, Norwich