Baileys unveils global relaunch to 'celebrate modern womanhood'
Baileys, Diageo's cream liqueur, is to unveil what it says is its "most ambitious global marketing campaign" to date, as a part of a relaunch of the brand.
The move was exclusively revealed by Marketing earlier this year. It will introduce the endline, "cream with spirit".
The activity is running across TV, outdoor, digital and print and replaces the 'Let's Do This Again' campaign.
According to Diageo, the campaign has been designed to "shine a light on women and celebrate the spirit of modern womanhood".
Garbhan O'Bric, global brand director for Baileys, said: "With this brand re-launch Baileys faces an exciting future as we re-capture the true essence of the brand.
"We’ve always been at our best and truest to ourselves when we’ve celebrated the brilliance and magnificence of women and with this new campaign we are reaffirming that timeless truth, but are doing it with a modern twist."
The ad is inspired by the 1930s films of Hollywood director and musical choreographer, Busby Berkley, who was known for his ability to turn dancers into "human kaleidoscopes".
It is set to the soundtrack of 'Rapture' by Blondie, and has been designed to act as a metaphor for Baileys, beginning and ending in the glass.
The campaign launches in the UK on Sunday evening (7 October) with a 90-second TV advert breaking during the first episode of the new season of 'Homeland' on Channel 4.
BBH created the campaign while Carat handled media planning and buying.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London
- Classified Sales Executive Lipton Fleming £20000.00 per annum + commission, London
- Agency Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Senior Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 30% bonus, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper