Baileys unveils global relaunch to 'celebrate modern womanhood'
Baileys, Diageo's cream liqueur, is to unveil what it says is its "most ambitious global marketing campaign" to date, as a part of a relaunch of the brand.
The move was exclusively revealed by Marketing earlier this year. It will introduce the endline, "cream with spirit".
The activity is running across TV, outdoor, digital and print and replaces the 'Let's Do This Again' campaign.
According to Diageo, the campaign has been designed to "shine a light on women and celebrate the spirit of modern womanhood".
Garbhan O'Bric, global brand director for Baileys, said: "With this brand re-launch Baileys faces an exciting future as we re-capture the true essence of the brand.
"We’ve always been at our best and truest to ourselves when we’ve celebrated the brilliance and magnificence of women and with this new campaign we are reaffirming that timeless truth, but are doing it with a modern twist."
The ad is inspired by the 1930s films of Hollywood director and musical choreographer, Busby Berkley, who was known for his ability to turn dancers into "human kaleidoscopes".
It is set to the soundtrack of 'Rapture' by Blondie, and has been designed to act as a metaphor for Baileys, beginning and ending in the glass.
The campaign launches in the UK on Sunday evening (7 October) with a 90-second TV advert breaking during the first episode of the new season of 'Homeland' on Channel 4.
BBH created the campaign while Carat handled media planning and buying.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Director - Cosmetic FMCG - £65K! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Cross media- Direct Response Account Director - £45K Ultimate Asset £40000 - £46000 per annum, City of London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- International Senior Digital Media Planner - up to £30K! Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film